Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Icing on the Cake

Just a warning--I'm madder than a hornet that has just had her nest stepped on :(

STUPID STUPID New Mexico. I hate the service here.

Went to Chilis in Espanola for dinner. They seated us right away. We were sitting at about 5 after 7 pm. Didn't see a waitress until about 7:20 when she finally took our drink order and I gave her the appetizer order.

Maybe I should back up a bit. I got off work at 6:30 AM this morning, went home and fell asleep around 7:30 am. Had to get up at 11:00 am because I had to be at work for a mandatory training that didn't end until 6 pm. Did not get to eat other than a caffeine free diet Coke and a breakfast bar. It wore off quickly, and I am a true female dog when I don't eat.

So the waitress takes the drink order and what we wanted as an appetizer order at about 7:20 pm. She disappears. About 10 minutes later we get our drinks. Another 15 minutes pass and she comes back to refill the drinks (gave me the wrong drink and it took 5 minutes to get her to correct this--and she took my straw)and to take our dinner order. She assures us she turned in the appetizer order. Another 15 minutes after this we see her coming with our dinner order. She says that another waitress delivered our appetizer to another table but another one is coming. We tell her to forget it (it's been 1 hour since we've been in the restaurant and we're both famished and put off from here to high heaven), and she has the NERVE to tell us "well I won't charge you for it then."

NO BLEEPING BLEEPING COW MANURE you won't charge us for it!! Hello, we never saw it, never touched it, never tasted it. It was freaking a full 45 minutes after we had placed the order and our main courses were there. WTF (what the fudge) is her problem??

So hubby asks for a manager. He comes over and begins apologizing right away with lame excuses about how they're short 2 people out front and 2 people in the kitchen. Is that my fault? Do I do the hiring for Chilis? I don't care. All I want is a straw--which it's been around 7 minutes since I asked the waitress for one and she's never returned--and hot food. Yup, the dinner is just above room temperature. Is that even legal? So the manager tells us that he'll take the appetizer off the bill--again, WTF?!?!

Sure enough, when the bill appears (20 minutes later...nice that now she was in a hurry to help us leave since we've already complained--she gives the bill and then says "do you want anything else?"), the waitress is quick to tell us that she took the appetizer off the bill, like she did some favor to us. I blame Chilis for the hunger pains that chased me out the door and I blame Chilis for the fact that I have to go to a store where I will buy a bunch of food that's not needed because of the miserable night thus far. I blame Chilis for the fact that I will be even more grossly overweight and I blame Chilis for the fact that I will die of a young age due to a heart attack from clogged arteries and diabetes and stress from terrible service, not to mention the depression I'll be in from all the illnesses that will plague me because I couldn't get an appetizer or hot food.

So then we go to Walmart, where we don't spend near as much time as we usually do. I am hungry since dinner sucked and I want to go to Dairy Queen for a dipped cone. We buy a cake (comfort food for my foul temper) and a couple other items, and head to line, where we wait for what must have been at least 30 minutes. I had time to wander the store again and my homeboy still hadn't moved from where I left him. We finally escape after 10 pm just to discover that Dairy Queen closed at 10 pm. I hold Walmart responsible for the fact that my night is screwed up and that I will now go to bed hungry because I couldn't have a dipped cone.
Not even the cone that homeboy got me at McDonalds is going to fix this.

We get home and discover that the checker put the cake on its side next to the fresh loaf of bread, and then the bag rolled around the back of the car (I did ask homeboy to check this for me and he said not to worry as it would be fine), and sure enough, the icing is off the cake and stuck on the roof of the container and the bread is smushed. Now I hold Walmart responsible for the ruination of the rest of my night and probably this whole week because the cake won't taste right since I had to stick it back together. I also blame Walmart for any demise of my marriage this evening as I scream at homeboy for the ruined cake that he SAID would be fine.

Who knew life could be ruined and suck just because of icing on a cake?

1 comment:

Lauralei said...

I realize that you had a really rough night, but if it makes you feel any better you just added some levity to a rough week. I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while! Thanks!

Laura