Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Eyes are EVERYWHERE Part II

So I guess I have to be more aware of my surroundings and be the eyes for everyone else--you know, pay back for them watching me. And my list of whom I have to watch for and recognize has just grown. Example:

Tonight we were exiting the movie theater and I heard a voice say "hey," like it was directed at me. Dutifully, I turned around quickly with a smile and then whipped back around--just to realize it was a fireman that I am supposed to know, and should have recognized. So like a fool, I turned back around, went over and shook his hand, and made some stupid comment about not being used to seeing him out of uniform. You're a MORON, Kate. It's not like firemen are always in uniform, ready to go. And I had just seen him on Tuesday...as in yesterday. Duh!

On a side note, don't ask a fireman if "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" is realistic. They don't seem to have the same sense of humor as most of my officers...and now I not only have to recognize this guy (who's a higher up at the fire department), but now I have to figure out how to get my foot out of my mouth next time I see him.

No comments: