Sunday, August 19, 2007

Too Much Thinking Too Early

I think I need a vacation.

I'm watching a dispatcher and an officer draw pictures (some amazing artwork to go on our fridge at work...stick figures and such are fascinating) and flip through TV channels--they keep stopping on the NASA channel; who watches this channel enough for it to be on? It is, to quote my officer "action-packed"--and waiting desperately for someone to need help NOW.

I'm thinking about a conversation I had with hubby earlier this week about maybe doing something else with my life because after only a year and a half of working full time, I think I'm done.

I'm surfing strangers' blogs and wishing my life was more interesting, and admiring that some are brave enough to share everything with the world. I wish I could, but living in Podunk, I'm sure it's too easy to track me down...and I wonder if really the better way to blog is anonymous, but I gave hubby and friends my blog address...which I don't really regret, but I am aware that there are results from this (see post where hubby was mad I called him homeboy).

I'm wondering how many times I have said "really" in the last sentence, and I'm wondering if it could have been used more often.

I'm thinking that although we have the NASA channel and stick figures, the hours between 0113 and 0442 have dragged. Stinks that we only have NASA, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, MSNBC (already watched "To Catch a Predator" for a couple of hours tonight), CNN, UCTV (how many people can brag about that?), the local Fox/NBC/ABC/CBS and BookSpan to chose from. Plus we already watched a movie...oh yeah, and we did respond to a couple of calls. I know, your taxpayer dollars at work.

That reminds me--it may be just me, but I was listening to an employee of the National Lab complain about the fact that she pays my salary--if she's employed by the National Lab that's run by the Federal Government via grants/contracts/etc, doesn't that mean that I also pay HER salary?

I may have to point that out next time. Or maybe that's something that should be filed under things I wish I could say but have to wait until my parting shot as I retire.

I wondering when I'll have something more interesting to say, or at least something positive. I think that will happen when I'm on vacation. Only 9 more days until Savannah, and we'll be there awhile, so I should be refreshed. I'm sure the sweet tea will improve my world then too :)

1 comment:

JuLo said...

I also battled with the "anonymous or not" decision. I ended up telling a person or two (people I either trust with my intimate thoughts, or don't see very often so they won't really care anyway), making it easy for a few others to find my blog (again, some friends I don't see very often so I know I won't be tempted to blog about them :p), and then keep it totally hidden from everyone else I know.

The great thing is, you can have more than one blog if you want! :)