Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bourne to be Annoying

Last night we went to the movies. One of the pleasures of living in Podunk is that there is only one movie theater (and I should note that it went away for several years and just fairly recently did we get another one) in town, and if a hot new movie comes out, for the next week or so the theater is generally packed. So last night we got there and once the previews were beginning we had to readjust so that three teenage boys could sit next to us.

I love teenagers. I think that starting at about 7th grade youth get very interesting and by the time they are in high school, it's totally fabulous to watch how they're trying to find themselves and who they want to be--just to know that during college/first time out on their own as adults it will all change. I used to spend a huge portion of my life with teenagers. We've had several teenagers live with us. I'd like to think that for the most part I can handle anything a teenager would throw at me.

Apparently not anything. This kid directly next to me checked his cell phone about every 5 minutes. This caused the lit screen to distract me every 5 minutes. Dude, you're at a movie--stop texting. You just paid a million dollars to sit in this DARK theater. When he wasn't checking his cell phone, he was biting his nails. I'm sure you're wondering why I heard it over the movie, right? That would be because he propped his arm up on the armrest between he and me and gnawed away. Is there a more irritating noise? Not during a movie there isn't. If I could have crawled out, I would have bought him a $50 bag of popcorn and suggested he chew that instead.

So while the eye candy on screen was great, I have no idea how good the plot was...I just know that apparently it was nailbitingly/have to tell my friends about it good.

1 comment:

Gina said...

oh yes.. the texting is so fun.. Try training a class full of 18-25 year olds, Apparently the 3 documents we discuss with them on no cell phones @ work are not nearly enough to get the point accross