Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bitch from Hell

So while I'm surfing around and checking other blogs that I check regularly, and getting put off that nobody's posting, it occurs to me that I haven't posted in a million years. There's a good reason for this. Life has had me in the dumps, and although I'm normally a pessimist, I was really, really negative. And I don't like being the bitch from hell. Believe it or not. So I avoided this blog like the plague.

What had me so distraught? I'm not sure that reliving it won't make me become awful, but here goes:

I love my job. I love my job. That's what I spent the past month telling myself. My job is great. My immediate supervisor is great. There was a whole bunch of crap that went down, mainly due to the influence of one employee, and I was tied to it because I'm a) a training officer and b) the shift Lead. One new employee managed to destroy relationships within my work environment both between the immediate co-workers I have and the police officers I serve. And it sucks that some of the relationships may never be completely restored. However, the relationships that truly matter have outlasted and come back stronger than ever, and one little person is not enough to destroy who I am, nor is he enough to destroy the truth about my integrity, my morals and ethics, nor the morale or the environment that I have (not to be totally selfish and say it's all me, but I know I've played a huge part in it) worked so hard to create. We were an awful place to work a year ago, and with a lot of prodding and coaxing, we're not a bad place to be any more. Since homeboy is gone, we're rebuilding what was temporarily knocked over, and I know we'll be stronger because of our experience with him. Anyway, while this whole thing is going on (think HR investigation amongst other crap), I had a new trainee that needed my attention, constantly increasing work loads because Police and Fire don't play nice with each other, a new team of dispatchers to lead complete with tons of officer complaints about my team, and I worked mad hours--like 32 hours of overtime in one week.

So work had me stressed out. And it didn't seem like it ever would end, so God tossed on more :) We have people that were dumb enough to buy the other 3/4 of our ghetto building, and the neighbor thing started pretty quick. One person bought two units, and another couple bought the middle unit. The middle unit asked the other new owner about tearing down the fence that's in the backyard. Here's the problem. The middle unit has a postage stamp of backyard, and the condo documents state that each unit has 25% of the property. So middle unit is pissed that they have a tiny backyard, and want a common backyard. Hubby and I paid around $8K (no joke) last year (and we had to mortgage our souls and beg the former owners to let us put it up, plus attend a million County planning meetings--serious politics here) to build a privacy fence because we have three heathens, two of which jumped the old fence and one of which has a history of biting people. The other owner didn't want to tear down the fence either because who's going to buy a house with no yard? So I haven't seen the middle unit people since, but I'm fully prepared to kick their butts should the fence come up again. It was so nice to live here for 9 years with nobody else on the property, really. We could do whatever we wanted. And now I have to learn to play nice again.

I know the stress hasn't been good for my marriage, but luckily I was working so much, Hubby didn't have to see me other than when I would collapse at home. Hubby took my parents and I away this weekend, as my mother is also stressed to the max. We went to Durango, and rode the train between Durango and Silverton. It's like a 6 hour round-trip experience. And it was really nice to go away. However, now we're back to the real world, and I've already got stuff piling up for work that has to be addressed FIRST thing tomorrow. I've got to go back to graveyards. I'm not nice at 0630. Fortunately, that too will change, and I'll be on graves in about a month.

Maybe then I'll be able to blog, and maybe then life will be more interesting!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hang tight girl, It all will work out in the end!