Thursday, November 27, 2008

Not just about the woes

What a shame that I don't really stop often to list my blessings, but instead usually list my woes? I am for sure not good at stopping to thank God for my blessings. How lame is it that I'll be sure to list my blessings here, like a million other bloggers, on Thanksgiving, so that I will know where to find it? Lame or not, here goes, in no particular order:

*A faithful and loving God that holds me close
*Family that love me no matter how crazy I am, and that I love no matter how crazy they make me
*Warm cat bodies that know when to throw all 22 pounds on my lap
*Cold puppy dog noses pressing into me, and warm puppy dog tongues that HAVE to lick every available part of my body
*A hovel that provides shelter, no matter how it looks on the outside
*A steady job that I love, even when I don't love my co-workers...although I love them today--we just had pancakes!
*Knowledge that I don't have to work...I can always adjust my bountiful lifestyle
*A hubby that's willing to throw our money out the window to help me usher in the official beginning of my third decade on Earth
*Friends that have surpassed the friendship level and are now extended family
*Sisters that learn of my desire, and find a way for it to come true (hence the whole adoption!)
*The men, woman, and even my Kiddos that fight for my right, and for all Americans' rights, to be free every day
*Comfort just in seeing a police or fire uniform and knowing that they're protecting my home and those I cherish
*Family traditions that begin with Thanksgiving dinner and run through the holidays

Actually, the list goes on and on...and I will try to remember to share the good, and not just the bad.

No comments: